YBE Doula Training Retreat
BEFORE PURCHASING YOUR RETREAT RESERVATION, YOU MUST HAVE ENROLLED IN BOTH YBE CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR AND YBE EQUIP.
The Your Birth Experience™ (YBE) Doula Training and Certification Program is experiential, comprehensive, holistic training that encompasses education, mentorship and mastery in emotional intelligence, personal growth, birth and postpartum doula skills, childbirth education, lactation education, new parent education, as well as entrepreneurship. Whether you are a new or seasoned doula, this program will set you on the path to success as a doula.
This is an intensive, experiential 3 day training with a combination of lecture, group activities, guest speakers, panel discussions, self-reflection, field trips, and physical challenges designed to foster community and personal growth, giving you exposure and experience practicing the skills you will need as a professional doula. This program is the comprehensive combination of ALL other YBE programs in one.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 3 Days of intensive, experiential training in a retreat setting designed to foster community and personal growth
- Birth and Postpartum Doula Education
- YBE Equip Training
- YBE Childbirth Educator Training including childbirth, breastfeeding and postpartum/newborn care *
- YBE Business Essentials Training - including brand building, vision statements, building your ideal client avatar, 1 page business plan, creating lists and plans for generating referrals and networking, presenting your business plan
- Hands-on training in overcoming barriers to communication, how to engage empathy and intuition
- Awards Ceremony
- Hands-on exploratory "field trips" including labyrinth visit, horse grooming and riding, Ashtanga yoga and a Doula Blessing (similar to a Mother Blessing), ALL designed with the purpose of teaching you the vital and mysterious skills doulas need to support families in intimate and vulnerable settings, as well as stretch you in your own personal growth, which is hands-down the most important tool in a doulas tool bag
- On-site retreat style accommodations are included - breakfast, lunch and 3 dinners provided (Participants should be prepared to purchase two meals off-site at local restaurants in Tulsa, or bring their own food.) Beds, bedding, full kitchen, large deck, barn and petting zoo, hiking, indoor and outdoor space for private time. No private rooms available.
- REAL conversations, REAL training, REAL questions answered, REAL connections
- Welcome Reception the night before training including light snacks, tea and lemonade, wine and beer
- Community dinners 3 of the 5 evenings prepared by participants as an opportunity to practice caring for one another as postpartum doulas
WHAT YOU GET
- Limited Edition YBE Doula t-shirt and swag bag
- 1 each Your Birth Experience, Your Breastfeeding Experience, and Your Baby Experience Parent Guides
- 1 YBE Childbirth Educator Guide
- 1 YBE Doula Training Manual
- 1 Envisioning Your Birth Workbook
- 30 hours of intensive training
- Instant access to exclusive online community of YBE Doulas
- Access to online training modules for YBE Childbirth Educator, YBE Equip, and YBE Business Essentials following training (for reviewing materials and taking online exam)
WHAT TO BRING
- An open mind, heart, and attitude - This training requires that you get real, get vulnerable and get to the heart of what it means to be a doula.
- Comfortable clothing (some should be appropriate for exercise activities, walking shoes, closed toe shoes, and layers (November is unpredictable in Oklahoma)
- Personal toiletry items, medications, etc.
- Something that represents YOU - Ever been asked "What do you bring to the table?" Well, we will create a table that represents us, our hearts, our backgrounds and worldview, our calling to this work. Bring a small but meaningful item for this table that represents YOU.
- Something to give - During the Doula Blessing ceremony at the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to pass along a part of you to another doula. Bring something that you already own that has significant meaning to you, but that you are ready to part with that will be a gift for another doula.
WHAT IT COSTS