Meet the fabulous people behind the scenes making YBE happen!
OWNER & FOUNDER
Missy Boudiette, BS, CD(DONA), CYBET, CLC, HCHD is an entrepreneur, professional blogger, author and educator. After starting the Honeybee Mama blog and gaining local notoriety as a featured blogger for TulsaKids Magazine, she went on to appear as a featured guest on the local television show "Great Day Green Country," host the Honeybee Mama show with Tulsa Feed on YouTube, and now serves as an expert contributor for The Tot. Missy has also been a featured speaker for the Social Media Tulsa conference, The Cultured Doula Program, and The New Paradigm Birth Summit, as well as a contributing author for The International Doula publication, and DONA's Doula Chronicles.
Missy created a valuable birth information resource through the Honeybee Mama blog, and ran a profitable independent doula practice for several years before creating the Your Birth Experience Childbirth Curriculum and Childbirth Educator Training and Certification program. She then teamed up with long-time friend and colleague, Sarah Coffin, as an independent contractor for her doula agency, Tulsa Family Doulas.
Missy has two gorgeous children and lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where she grew up and has lived most of her life. They enjoy cooking, gardening, family outings to the river and enthusiastic games of Parchese and Skip-bo. Missy thrives on yoga, daily walks in the sunshine, a voracious love for continuing education and deep connections with people...and NKOTB.
She has a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from the University of Oklahoma and has a passion for empowering families with knowledge and confidence. Missy is a certified birth doula through DONA International, Certified HypnoDoula through Hypnobabies®, Certified Lactation Counselor, Postpartum Doula, Placenta Encapsulation Specialist and Bengkung Belly Binding provider and has been a birth professional since 2007.
- Coalition for Oklahoma Breastfeeding Advocates (COBA)
- DONA International
- ICAN of Tulsa Professional Member
- Cultured Doula Program
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, University of Oklahoma, 2003
- Lamaze Teen Specialist Training 2008
- Advanced doula training in use of the rebozo for positional changes in labor, 2011 and 2014
- Advanced doula training in TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) unit for pain relief during labor, 2013
- Advanced doula training for Dads and Doulas, 2011
- Peanut Ball in the Labor and Delivery Room, 2013
- Spinning Babies Resolving Fetal Malposition in Labor, 2014
- DONA certified birth doula, CD(DONA), 2014
- Lamaze/DONA International Conference, 2014
- Your Birth Experience Founder and Creator, CYBET, 2014
- Postpartum Doula, 2014
- Spinning Babies Full Workshop, 2014
- Pathways CORE Training Graduate 2015
- Perinatal Mood Disorders training through Postpartum Support International, 2016
- Certified Lactation Counselor Training through The Center for Breastfeeding, 2016
- From Trauma to Triumph - When Survivors Give Birth, 2016
- HypnoDoula through Hypnobabies®, HCHD, 2016
- Placenta Specialist, 2016
- Blood borne pathogens, 2016
- DONA International Conference, Seattle 2016
- The Cultured Doula Program, (enrolled for 2017 year-long training)
- Maternal and Infant Assessment through Center for Breastfeeding (2017)
- Advanced Lactation Consultant (2017)
EXPERIENCE AND CONFIDENCE IN BIRTH
- Natural delivery
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean)
- High risk (preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, etc.)
- Home birth
- Birth Center Birth
- Hospital Birth
- Births using epidural analgesia or other narcotic pain relief
- Precipitous labor (very fast)
- Prolonged labor with stalled dilation
- Over 40
- Clients on bed rest
- Non-traditional families
- Midwifery care
- Families conceiving with ART and IVF
- Single parents
- Gestational diabetes
- Twins and triplets
EXPERIENCE AND CONFIDENCE IN POSTPARTUM
- Postpartum mood disorders
- Sibling adjustment
- Extended days
- Pumping support
- Bottle feeding support
- Large Package Contracts
Our Core Values
Your Birth Experience™ (YBE) was created to empower families to create satisfying birth and parenting experiences, by combatting myths with facts, using simple and effective training techniques and providing the tools and resources they need to make informed decisions and take action.
YBE CORE VALUES
1. EXTREME SELF-LOVE – Above all else, we believe we cannot give what we don’t have, whether it be respect, empathy, knowledge, experience or ultimately love. By prioritizing our own health in body, mind and spirit, we sharpen our most valuable tools for our clients and customers: ourselves.
2. LOVE FOR PEOPLE – If we love somebody, then we will treat them with respect and will unselfishly give of our time, energy and resources. People matter, and when we focus on the person, rather than the product or business, we are able to go above and beyond in customer service and be better equipped when faced with difficult decisions, whether personal or professional.
3. BIRTH MATTERS – While not every person chooses to be a parent or chooses biological childbirth as a path to parenthood, no person exists without having been created by two parents and entering life through the journey of childbirth. We hold this rite of passage as sacred, regardless of the method or mode in which it occurs and seek to support, protect, and celebrate that journey, whatever it may look like for each individual.
4. KNOWLEDGE FOR ALL – As professionals who possess wisdom our clients may not yet have, we do not believe this gives us power or superiority. We believe in extreme equality in terms of knowledge and empowerment. Every individual has a right to any and all accurate information and resources that would enable them to make informed decisions and take actions that serve their core beliefs and desires. Knowledge brings power and healing and we aim to be conduits of knowledge and so empower others to the degree they wish to grow and know.
5. PERSONAL GROWTH AND LEARNING – We believe leaders are learners and our greatest responsibility to others and ourselves is to never stop learning or growing. We achieve this in our commitments to continuing education and ongoing efforts to minimize our weaknesses and maximize our strengths through both academic and emotional intelligences. We value variety in learning and understand information can come from professional organizations, our peers, our clients and various life experiences and challenges, as well as spiritual resources. We owe no loyalties other than a collective loyalty to continually strive to better ourselves and in doing so, we continue to raise our collective awareness and success.
6. FACTS OVER FACTIONS – YBE as a curriculum and a company has no opinion on moral issues or social matters including, but not limited to: politics, race, religion, sexual orientation, family structure, lifestyle choices, gender equality, family planning methods, vaccinations, circumcision, baby feeding options, childbirth methods, infant sleep training, childrearing methods, models of medical care, unassisted childbirth. We remain neutral so that professionals using our curriculum can bring value to a wide variety of communities and individuals. While YBE Professionals may have opinions or programs that support various mindsets and paradigms, YBE itself remains neutral and unbiased. Outside of our commitment to provide factual, unbiased information about rights and options to parents who desire to create a satisfying birth and parenting experience, the above are non-issues for YBE with regards to right or wrong, good or bad. We exist solely to accomplish the goals set forth in our vision statement: to empower families to create satisfying birth and parenting experiences, by combatting myths with facts, using simple and effective training techniques and providing the tools and resources they need to make informed decisions and take action. We neither promote nor criticize any parent’s choices for their own body, mind, and child. As much as possible, YBE aims to present unbiased facts about biological childbirth, breastfeeding, postpartum recovery and newborn care, including any and all options available to parents as well as risks and benefits so parents can embrace their own autonomy to practice informed consent, refusal and empowered decision-making in all situations.